Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where-used Table Enhancements

Where-used Table Enhancements

I would like to see the following enhancements to the where-used table (both EPMDocuments and WTParts):

• Rename current "Latest" view to "Latest using" or something that conveys previous revisions are shown in cases where the parts/models removed the component
  • Add Lifecycle State column (reference idea #5751, Display LifeCycle State in "Where used" tab.)
    • Create view that shows latest minimum lifecycle state (show previous "Released" version when latest revision is "In Work")
  • Add column to show whether displayed object is latest revision of the object (reference idea #1057, Where Used Report - is it the latest?)
    • Create view that only shows where-used objects that are the latest version of that object (filter out where the child has been removed)
  • Add the ability to have custom views of the table (reference idea #5143, Add custom view into the where-used tab" tab.).
11 Comments
Level 10

Darren

good summary of all the various ideas flying around.

What users need is easily manageable to see in a table. PTC just need to add new columns that flag the information required.

Best regards

fingers crossed

Best regards

Level 13

This is an absolute must.

Level 8

I know at least in 10.1 you don't have the same table filter in Where used like you do in other areas of Windchill.  I haven't seen 10.2 or 11.0 yet and if it's not in either of these versions then I would love to see that as well. 

Level 12

Closed as Duplicate as this is already being tracked per the Product Ideas referenced above.

Community Manager
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Level 7

Could you tell me if this is still on the radar?

I would also like to add that it would be nice to be able to view not only the part attributes, but the uses link attributes as well.

Hi, any update especially for the topic "add ability to have custom views of where-used table"?

The linked Idea https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill-Ideas/Add-custom-view-into-the-where-used-tab/idi-p/459288 has been closed as duplicate.

Our users are also interested in such a basic function.

Level 8

don't forget the I button. In fact, PTC should review all their tables they use, and allign the functionality. if you see an object no matter in which table, you need to be able to perform all the same action in all the tables. This is a major frustration for customers, and would speed up the adoption process of various more advanced features in WT. Maybe they should browse through good old Model Manager...

Level 3

Do you have any news about this(these) request(s)? Any forecast if they´ll make their way into the product? 

added my vote. The Where Used view definitely needs an improvement.

Only one comment:

to accomplish these requests probably they'll need to change the way they structure the information.

In case of filter "All revisions" it's obvious: if parameters and usage information are added then they will have to dedicate a row for each parent WTPart revision (instead of listing them in the "Version" column).

Ex:

Description                    Rev               Quantity (Usage)

WTPart1

• Parent1             left arm 110 mm             rev 4             1
  • Parent1             left arm 115 mm             rev 3             2
  • Parent1             left arm 115 mm             rev 2             2
  • Parent1             left arm 115 mm             rev 1             2

Level 6

Hello,

Could anyone tell me if these enhancements are coming to any newer versions of Windchill?