Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill 10.2 Change Template protection

Windchill 10.2 Change Template protection

When creating new Change notices users are able to modify the change template.  If a user creates a new Change Notice then in the next wizard phase immediately edits the Implementation Plan they are actually editing the Implementation Plan Change template.  I would like to see Change template protected.

I am currently using Windchill 10.2 M010

Thanks,

Bob Lohbauer

5 Comments
Peridot

This is a bug.  I changed this to current functionality as this is not supposed to work this way and should be fixed via CPS.  Please raise a call with Tech Support

Case C12893084 has already been logged.  The issue worked its way to R&D where i was advised to create a 'product enhancement request'.  My environment is currently at 10.2 M010 CPS 08.  I am downloading CPS 09 and the Service Pack to ensure I am as current as 10.2 M010 can be.

Peridot

I think there is some confusion on what you are asking.  Can you confirm which of the following you are asking:

1 - User creates a CN using a CN template.  You don't want the user to be able to add or remove any of the Change Tasks - only edit the Change Tasks provided by the CN template

2 - User creates a CN using a CN template.  When the user edits the Change Tasks (add or remove) it is updating the CN template used to create the CN.

Thanks.

Fair question:It's #2

When a user creates the CN they are presented with an instance of the Implementation Plan template by the CN Creation Wizard.  At that point, if they edit that Implementation Plan at all, the template Plan is being modified as well.  However, if the user does not edit the plan and selects 'Submit Later' then re-enters the CN and edits the plan the template is not modified.

Hope this clarifies things

Peridot

Would you please ask to re-open the call and provide a video to TS.  There was some confusion on the use case and this will help clarify.

Thank you.