Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill BOM compare: Missing expand all levels button

Windchill BOM compare: Missing expand all levels button

Hello PTC,

In "Structure" tab, under tools: when using the BOM Compare feature in Windchill, it's impossible to view all the differences in all BOM levels since there's no "expand / explode all levels" button as there's only the "collapse all levels"...

this is very frustrating since this feature become irrelevant if we have to explode each BOM level manually.

Please your assistance with support adding this command button.

thx. in advance,

Mazor Robotics.

7 Comments
Level 12

Amir,

This is something we will look at in the future.  It is not there due to potential performance implications.

However, you might consider selecting the Show Only Differences button.  This will only show items in the structure that have differences.  (Note if there is a lower level difference the intermediate nodes will be shown too)

show_differences.png

Level 1

Thank you so much

Level 7

Once you click Show Only differences there is no ability to expand to a lower level.  Your comment makes it sound like that should be available.  " (Note if there is a lower level difference the intermediate nodes will be shown too)"

Level 12

Greg - I do not understand your comment.  Selecting "Show Only differences" has no effect on the ability to expand nodes.  That is if you have a difference 2 levels down you can expand to show that.  It is just that any node without differences is not shown.  However if there is a difference say 4 levels down we show the intermediate nodes as if we did not it would filter that out.  Note that all of those intermediate nodes are flagged that there is a child difference.

Level 7

Here you can see the example.  Show all lets me expand levels when show differences is picked the ability to expand disappears.

Inline image 1

Level 12

Greg - I can't access your video, but I'm putting a video example of how it works.

Video Link : 7581

Level 7

Its not a video just a picture of the expand arrows that disappear.