Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill Batch Print - Order of Printing

Windchill Batch Print - Order of Printing

In the Batch Print UI, there should be a way to print drawings in a chosen order.  Either by sorted columns or by numerical order.  Currently printing is random with no way to know which drawings will be coming out first.  Most companies, like ours, will be matching prints to a Job Traveler of some sort.  The Job travelers are printed automatically via product structure hierarchy and then numerical order.  It take A LOT of time in the end to sort all the paperwork.

8 Comments
JoePriest
5-Regular Member

We have this exact problem here and it's actually preventing some key people from using this as they need to have their multiple prints come out in order.  The same issue is there when printing multiple things from a CreoView session.  There's no rhyme or reason for the order coming from CreoView either.

KlausHellweger
5-Regular Member

Hello,

we hae the same requirement. Did you find a solution in the meantime ?

Thanks

Klaus

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

No solution yet...just manual work around.  I have still been pushing PTC for a fix, they have stated that Batch Print is not a priority and basically they have bigger things to work.  I love how we spent $20,000 on this module and is basically unchanged for the last 4 years, I wonder what we are paying maintenance on for this?

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Joe Priest‌ & Klaus Hellweger‌ have you guys figured out a solution to printing order yet?

JoePriest
5-Regular Member

I have not heard that this is being addressed.  We have no workaround.

KlausHellweger
5-Regular Member

Currently we are evaluating iPrint ( iTools Software ) which looks very promising. It does solve the printing order issue + offers a lot more functionlality

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

It seems as this module is one that has been forgotten...only ONE update to it in 4 years.  I think we are going to start looking around at other solutions...not sure what we are getting by paying maintenance on it.  Klaus, please keep us updated on how iTools works.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Alternate Solution