1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Not specific to industry
Windchill is on PTC Cloud
Stakeholder: Windchill Administrators
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 11.1 CPS 25
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Windchill's Calendar delegate functionality needs a revamp.
The first problem noticed is setting out-of-office delegates on behalf of someone who has already on leave. On PTC Cloud environments, customers do not get Site administrator privileges. This limits the functionality of Windchill's Calendar delegate as only Site Administrators can do this activity.
The 2nd problem, Instead of setting only a single delegate, it would be helpful if a group can be selected.
The 3rd problem noticed, it is highly likely that there would be different delegates for different contexts. So, a provision to assign delegates at a context level would also be helpful.
4. What is the use case for your organization? People on vacation who have not set their calendar delegates on Windchill. And Windchill Administrator who have access upto Organization Level (Org Admin)
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? For cloud customers, instead of going through PTC Support Tickets to set delegates, this will make the job simpler.