1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. Automotive, PLM project manager, this update is useful to all users.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running?
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
For all object's check in comment text box, in all locations throughout the system, make it resizable by the user and scroll-able. This will allow users to add more meaningful check in comments and notes.
4. What is the use case for your organization? When working on advanced/development projects, very useful to add extra information to the check in comments as a record. I recognise that this could be seen as duplicate to the objects associated documentation, but our users would find it beneficial.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Difficult to put a value, but it makes the system more user friendly. Currently we have users who write the text in notepad and then cut-and-paste into the check in comment box. [please note that this text box I am typing into is resizeable]