1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. As a Windchill PLM customer in the FAD industry, I, as a PLM architect need the Windchill Upgrade Manager to be fault tolerant in such a way that my upgrade team can conduct upgrade exercises without the Upgrade Manager stopping on each issue it encounters.
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Currently Windchill 11.1 M020 CPS18
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.
Exceptions and issues generated from a terminated Upgrade Manager operation executing in a serial fashion causes a great deal of work in working with PTC TS because most issues require a PTC TS case to be opened and worked until that issue is resolved. Once the issue is resolved one only has to execute the Upgrade Manager again only to find that another issue arises and thus, the cycle begins again with a new PTC TS case.
A preference for the Upgrade Manager is for it to either run from beginning-to-end in an audit mode manner and for it to produce a generated report highlighting rated found issues requiring investigation, or similarly to allow the Upgrade Manager to flag issues as they arise.
4. What is the use case for your organization?
Conducting Windchill PLM upgrades.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? A fault tolerant Upgrade Manager would allow me to execute upgrades in a more agile and robust manner