Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill Visualisation improvements

Windchill Visualisation improvements

I would love for visualisation to get some love in the administration department.

the following improvements could be considered:

1) A way to set a certain number of jobs in a scheduled job:  eg.  In a context thats been created to migrate a legacy product into windchill, it spawns several jobs on creation and then on any revision or state syncs.  We cancel these jobs to as to maintain production queue times.  We then reschedule the missing representations over night, but still has to be monitered the next day.  Throughout the work day, there are known times of visualisation downtime, so it would be good to be able to schedule 50-100 jobs at a time to take advantage of the downtime.

2) a way for users to see where their jobs are in the overall queue, so they resist the urge to escalate the job (and duplicate it) - ability to provide it on like a thingworx mashup or dashboard for extra bonus points.

3) a way to easily set custom filters to prioritize certain jobs on attributes or flags.   i.e.  we would ideally have one worker machine set aside to be the queue only for released items.  this would greatly speed up the delivery of released visualisations downstream into Navigate etc.\.

4)Creo View adaptors to support more/all available export types from the cad application.  eg, from SW, I should be able to open a cad model and export to any format the cad application can as additional file types.  A way to do additional file types in the recipe editor instead of the publish rules.xml would also simplify things.

Thankyou