cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill download page should provide a core installation package of CDs for Windchill

Windchill download page should provide a core installation package of CDs for Windchill

The need to seek out and download each and every CD for Windchill is time consuming, hard to re-use, and prone to error. Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to download a package of core CDs for Windchill, and then add on whatever else is needed? 

5 Comments
Tanzanite

ABSOLUTELY YES!

For my installation I have to download 26 CD and every time there is a new CPS you have also to look at what CD are new

Alexandrite

Thanks Marco, I thought it was just me.

Sapphire I

How do you handle a download that would require 7+ DVD's? How big would that download set be, 10+GB? How long would it take to download as a single set?

I do agree that PTC should have a combined order DVD option where I want all DVDs needed for Windchill 11.0 m030 as a single order instead of having to add each one to my shipping order.

I also have an issue with size of CPS files when they exceed 4.7GB (the size of a DVD) since my system is NOT connected to the internet and DVD is the only method for loading the files to my server.

Alexandrite

Here are some more granular ideas off the top of my head:

-Allow us to order the "core set" on DVD or thumbdrive to be mailed, regardless of your maintenance agreement.

-Create a tool that can produce a list of CDs needed for say, Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS-13, with creo view adapters, and PTC-provided directory server.  Each result would be a link to the appropriate CD or download.

-Create a package manager that would do the same or similar.

Visitor

How about a load as needed setup were it grabs files it needs remotely.  Not many need packaged as CD’s anymore.