cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windchill download page should provide a core installation package of CDs for Windchill

Windchill download page should provide a core installation package of CDs for Windchill

The need to seek out and download each and every CD for Windchill is time consuming, hard to re-use, and prone to error. Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to download a package of core CDs for Windchill, and then add on whatever else is needed? 

4 Comments
Level 13

ABSOLUTELY YES!

For my installation I have to download 26 CD and every time there is a new CPS you have also to look at what CD are new

Level 9

Thanks Marco, I thought it was just me.

Level 15

How do you handle a download that would require 7+ DVD's? How big would that download set be, 10+GB? How long would it take to download as a single set?

I do agree that PTC should have a combined order DVD option where I want all DVDs needed for Windchill 11.0 m030 as a single order instead of having to add each one to my shipping order.

I also have an issue with size of CPS files when they exceed 4.7GB (the size of a DVD) since my system is NOT connected to the internet and DVD is the only method for loading the files to my server.

Level 9

Here are some more granular ideas off the top of my head:

-Allow us to order the "core set" on DVD or thumbdrive to be mailed, regardless of your maintenance agreement.

-Create a tool that can produce a list of CDs needed for say, Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS-13, with creo view adapters, and PTC-provided directory server.  Each result would be a link to the appropriate CD or download.

-Create a package manager that would do the same or similar.