Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Resource Pool - Setup Participants to use specific Context Role

0 Kudos

Workflow Resource Pool - Setup Participants to use specific Context Role

This update is a long time coming.  We really need the flexibility to make a Context Role (a role on the Product>Team) a resource pool for a "Select Participants" activity type in the workflow.  The Context team is FAR to broad and using a group doesn't work as it is not product/library specific.

Use Case: A Change Request workflow has a requirement where the person (CA1) who is completing the "Analyze Change Request" task need to select a specific participant who will then get the "Create ECN" task downstream.  Each Product has 3-4 people in a role called "ECN Creators".  These people are unique for each product.  When the CA1 does the "Select Participants" portion of the "Analyze Change Request" task, he/she needs to be able to simply hit search and see these 3-4 users as available for selection.  Currently this isn't possible, though its an INCREDIBLY common request.  As of now, I have to use the Context team; however this is usually 100 users +- and is unacceptable by the users.  Yes a group would work but its unacceptable as well as it is not unique per product (there are many products).

5 Comments
Level 12
Level 12

Hello Jeffrey,

I have done several conf call with Debbie Schneider about this topic and my above idea.

Any new input about that ? is it planned in the 10.2 Mxx ?

We really need this functionnality, with exactly the same scenario as Stephen.

thanks

Gregory

Level 8

Hello Folks,

I was just wondring, why can't you create a Team, add the "ECN Creators" role in this team.

Modify the workflow Activity node to include this newly created Role in to Resource Pool.

Thanks,

Prabhash

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived