1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. People who with Workgroup Manager to open Drawing PDFs (Compliance Engineers)
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 11.1 - CPS 25
WGM 11.1 - CPS 24
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. Our Engineers observed that downloading PDFs in Workgroup Manager does not give a prompt to Open it in Acrobat Reader, instead it automatically downloads the file into their Downloads folder. These files ultimately clutter the User's Download folder. This is observed only when people switch to Chromium Browser. Which is the PTC preferred browser (IE is eventually getting removed). If they switch over to Internet Explorer mode (IE_BROWSER in their WGMCLIENT.ini file), they get the prompt to either OPEN or SAVE the file. So, right now users cannot control this behavior, or specify a TEMP location for such files.
4. What is the use case for your organization? Compliance Engineers using Workgroup Manager (WGM), and opening PDF representations to visualize the drawings without editing them.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization? Saves time in cleaning up 100s of files from their Downloads folder. The tools should either provide a provision to set a downloads location or save them into TEMP directory automatically.