cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

open the information page in New Tab

open the information page in New Tab

Click on “view information” button, and open the information page in New Tab or New Window of the browser. Users will benefit a lot from the function.

希望Windchill 10 能够实现每次点击“查看信息”按钮都能够启动一个新的浏览器页面和浏览器选项卡,这样能大大改善用户的操作体验。

6 Comments
dhermosillo
13-Aquamarine

Don't forget to vote up your own idea.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

This is already possible.  Hold down the Ctrl key then right-click on the link/view information button.

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

Stephen's comment is correct - this is available today using CTRL-right click.  Note that in PSB you need to add the column to use this.

MorganBelais
10-Marble

Jeff,

Web Standard to open in a new tab is the middle click.

Having to use both Keyboard + mouse is not really good for productivity.

No plan to improve ?

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

If you compare opening a new tab in 9.1 vs. 10.x it's actually less clicks in 10.x.  1 click for middle mouse button in 10.x vs. right-click then select Open in new tab (2 clicks) in 9.x.

If you are talking about opening a new page then it seems about the same to me.  Many people use the keyboard to work.  One of my co-workers tries to use the keyboard for many shortcuts.  Both in Pro/E and outside of it.

I like PTC adding commands to the right-click.  However, it's not consistent at all in what commands are in the right-click menu in the different areas of PDMLink.  As a perfect example...when browsing to a folder you can right-click on a FILE to select Delete.  But the Delete is NOT in the right-click for FOLDER.  You have to check the box of the folder, select the Actions pull-down menu THEN select Delete.  THAT is one area they really need to improve.  We are on 10.0 so I don't know if it's the same in 10.1.

There are many other similar situations.

PTCModerator
Emeritus
Status changed to: Archived