1. Describe your environment: What is your industry? What is your role in your organization? Describe your stakeholders. The Customer design and build packaging equipment for pharmaceutical, consumer, nonwoven and life science products. They have more than 2.800 employees in more than 10 subsidaries world wide and have around 350 designers working with PTC's CAD and PLM products.
As a consultant and implementer i support the customer
2. What version of Windchill are you currently running? Windchill 220.127.116.11 / Workgroup Manager 18.104.22.168
3. Describe the problem you are trying to solve. Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video. It is not possible to open CAD objects of a substructure directly from the "Structure" tab of the EPM document in WWGM. It is always necessary to jump to the View Information in order to open the object. It should be possible to choose "Open In <CAD System>" in the "Structure" tab on the EPM Document in WWGM.
4. What is the use case for your organization? In Windchill, navigating between the EPM document (model/drawing) and WTPart requires a lot of mouse actions. It would significantly reduce the number of actions and simplify navigation if the CAD objects could be opened quickly via the context menu.
5. What business value would your suggestion represent for your organization?
simplified navigation in windchill
Increasing the ease of use of the workgroup manager