cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

New Servers Not Showing Up

TomU
23-Emerald IV

New Servers Not Showing Up

Is anyone else having issues with new servers not showing up on the Windchill Performance Advisor site?  I have several servers that have been sending data from almost a month now that still haven't appeared.  I opened a case with PTC but it's been almost two weeks with no solution.   Curious if this is happening to anyone else.

9 REPLIES 9
mchant
7-Bedrock
(To:TomU)

Hi Tom,

Are these 11.0 servers recently updated to M010 ?

If so, there's a known issue for servers updated from F000 to M010.

See https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS243544

Cheers,

Matt

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:mchant)

No, these are both 11.0 systems installed directly at M010 w/CPS01.  I turned on WA logging last night and can confirm data is definitely being uploaded to PTC.  I'm questioning whether the upload URL is correct.  I'm waiting to see what support says.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wt.jmx.core.transport.SimpleHttpTransport Administrator - wt.jmx.core.transport.SimpleHttpTransport Base URL=https://appstest.ptc.com/qualityagent

com.ptc.wa.send.WAReportSendManager Administrator - Report was successfully sent on attempt number 1 and took 2.625 seconds

mchant
7-Bedrock

Hi Tom,

That looks like its uploading to one of the test systems.

Its should be https://apps.ptc.com/qualityagent

Can you check the value of wt.jmx.core.transport.SimpleHttpTransport.instance.QUALITYAGENTSIMPLEHTTP.targetURL in wt.properties ?

Cheers,

Matt

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Nope.  Set to test.

Any idea why a clean, out of the box install would be pointing to test?  (It is odd that these are the last two entries in site.xconf)

mchant
7-Bedrock

I'm still digging out the full answer, but essentially the PSI does it when you enter the SCN during install. It sends the SCN, ID and password to the validate URL and if the response denotes that the SCN or the id is an internal employee it puts a PTC_INTERNAL_ID flag in the response which triggers the internal URLs to be set.

What I'm not sure on fully is what trigger this internal flag.

If you look in PSI\installer\PTCSolnInstaller-installer.properties, what did it capture for

WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.wt.support.scn=

WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.EmailAddress=

WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.customer.name=

Cheers,

Matt

TomU
23-Emerald IV

... essentially the PSI does it when you enter the SCN during install.

Bingo.  I intentionally did not configure it to send data during the original installation.  I later configured it from the site, utilities page.

Looks like either this assumption needs to be taken out of the PSI or future WPA configuration and validation needs to set it back to the correct URL.

TomU
23-Emerald IV

By the way, the reason I didn't enable sending data out of the gate was because I anticipated needing to change the GUID and I didn't want to run the risk of getting an additional entry created on the WPA website for a sever that doesn't really exist (since the GUID was changed.)  Make sense?

TomU
23-Emerald IV

To answer your original question, here is what is present in the installer properties:

• WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.wt.support.scn= <blank>
  • WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.EmailAddress= <valid email address, but not the one used to view WPA>
  • WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.customer.name=Trans-Matic Mfg.

And a few others:

• WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.enable=false
  • WC_PROMPTED.PsiInputOption.phonehome.system.type=PRODUCTION
TomU
23-Emerald IV

I located this in the install log:

Top Tags