cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

10.2 M030 CPS10 - Has anyone been able to compile the CATIA V5-6R2015 WGM Abstraction dll's?

GaryMansell
6-Contributor

10.2 M030 CPS10 - Has anyone been able to compile the CATIA V5-6R2015 WGM Abstraction dll's?

Hi,

We have just updated our TEST System to 10.2 M030 CPS10 (only released today) and I am trying to compile the CATIA V5 Abstraction dll's for the WGM.

I have successfully compiled dll's for CATIA versions 18 to 24, but version 25 fails with the error saying "ERROR - Abstraction or loader files don't exist"

It seems a bit strange when setting up the compilation environment as the CATVBTsetup command does not show a Visual Studio checkbox, only showing an Eclipse/IBM Rational Applications one, which I think is indicative that something is wrong (presumably with the CATIA / API / RADE) software - but I have tried this with both GA and SP3 versions of the CATIA software and get the same issue. In which case, others should be seeing this problem too.

I have logged a call with PTC, but was wondering if anyone else had seen this?

Rgds

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK, just to close this out in case others have had trouble with this - I got the following response from PTC Tech Support:

After deeper investigation, For CATIAV5 R2015 and later , Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, with the following patches is required :

- KB2929731

- KB2957527

- KB2969618

Hopefully they will update their documentation to reflect this soon, so no one else gets caught out by this.

Rgds

Gary

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

OK, just to close this out in case others have had trouble with this - I got the following response from PTC Tech Support:

After deeper investigation, For CATIAV5 R2015 and later , Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Update 4, with the following patches is required :

- KB2929731

- KB2957527

- KB2969618

Hopefully they will update their documentation to reflect this soon, so no one else gets caught out by this.

Rgds

Gary

A further note: with this version, it appears that you don't need to run the CATVBTSetup.exe command to configure the VS2012 installation for CAA like you did with all the previous versions.

After installing all the software, just run CATVBTLicenser.exe and select the CDV license and apply it, then run the Builder program and out pops the Abstraction dll's as if by magic.

YodaKim
13-Aquamarine
(To:GaryMansell)

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting all these information. I really appreciate that.

For CATIA V5-R2015 or later, Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 is required to build CATIA Abstraction Libraries for PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for CATIA V5.

Also the following patches are required.

The necessary steps prior to building the Catia Abstraction Library are documented in CS108640

CATVBTSetup Command is recommended step to configure CAA RADE Tools and enable add-ins and macros, but it is not mandatory step to build CATIA Abstraction Libraries via CATIA Abstraction Builder. PTC is working on creating a Technical Support Article to provide these information. Once it is available I will post it into this discussion topic.

CATIA V5-6R2015 is also supported with PTC Windchill 11.0 F000, where the installation process of PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for CATIA V5 has changed. For the information, our customers can refer to a video (Tutorial: Creating the CATIA V5 Abstraction Library (PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for CATIA V5)) in PTC learning exchange site.

Thanks,

Yoda

GaryMansell
6-Contributor
(To:YodaKim)

Yoda,

You might want to check the patch links that you helpfully included in your post?

When I managed to find these exact same Links myself yesterday and requested each HotFix from Microsoft using them, they didn't work. The Request form says it will email you a link within 5 minutes, but it never came after trying several different email addresses and waiting for many hours.

In the end, I managed to get hold of the HotFixes by Googling their download filenames shown on the Request Form page, and obtained direct links (included below):

KB2929731 - http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Visual%20Studio%202012/latest/DevDiv1031342/61109.400/free/474368_intl_i386_zip.exe

KB2957527 - http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Visual%20Studio%202012/latest/DevDiv1033036/61111.400/free/475060_intl_i386_zip.exe

KB2969618 - http://hotfixv4.microsoft.com/Visual%20Studio%202012/latest/DevDiv1035567/61123.400/free/476390_intl_i386_zip.exe

I don't know if that was the "right thing", but they are MS hosted files, seemed to work OK for me and got me out of the urgent situation.

Rgds

Gary

YodaKim
13-Aquamarine

Gary,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I guess there must have been an issue at MS site at the moment you tried.

We, PTC, tested all the URL link in my previous post before posting it here. And we received a mail with the correct patch download URL link from Microsoft promptly. The URL location is exactly the same as the one in your post.

Regards,

Yoda

aclemente
4-Participant

Dear all,

thank you so much for these tips. I'm builing dlls and I have some doubds on the configuration of Windows/Visual Studio.

I'm able to build them but what is expected I use to do that?

Do I need to install all the Microsoft hotfix for Windows 7 Sp1?

Do I need to install only VStudio2008Sp1 patches in the video or it is better to install everything Windows Update propose?

I tried different configuration and MD5 of dll is changing everytime i install patches, so i'm little bit confused on that.

Thank you for the answers

Andrea

ps i'm building dlls for CATIA V5-6R2014 SP4

Top Tags