cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Attempt to check in files fails, get message: A persistence error occurred. System message follows:

gchapman
1-Newbie

Attempt to check in files fails, get message: A persistence error occurred. System message follows:

persistence error.jpg

One of the engineers here is attempting to check in models - check in fails and he gets the following message:

A persistence error occurred. System message follows:

He is unable to find the system message to give a clue as to the failure... any thoughts?

10 REPLIES 10

Are the other users able to check in files? This sounds like a database issue. Do you see something in the method server logs? Error looks similar to a bug 10.2 M030 with delete workspace

I did find the persistence error occurred line

method server log 1-21-16.JPG

Looks like index is corrupted. After your DB backup try the below

SELECT

OBJECT_NAME,

OBJECT_TYPE

FROM ALL_OBJECTS

WHERE OBJECT_ID = 30101;

If is an index, try rebuilding it

ALTER "INDEX_NAME" INDEX REBUILD ONLINE;

Thank you

Binesh Kumar

Gordon,

Was the issue resolved after rebuilding the corrupted index?

Let us know if you're still seeing the issue with check-ins.

Hello Binesh 

Even i am geetting the same erro , while deleting the Family table Instance in Windchill 11.0 m010

Regards 

Hello Binesh,

Even i have been  facing the same error while trying to delete the latest itteration from the PDM.(Windchill 11.0)

I am having a very similar problem. I have 3 items in my work space, that are not check out, have + sign next to them indicating that they have been modified and updated. I can not check them out nor can I delete them without getting "A persistence error occurred. System message follows:"

Most of what I read above is over my head.

Pieface
6-Contributor
(To:gchapman)

The last time I received this error I had to check out the WTP's in the same Workspace and check the asm in.  The WTP's got checked in at the same time.

Dear gchapman,

Did u resolve this issue?

I'm facing same error while trying to check out the files.

Can you please help out with the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sumanth

canderson
6-Contributor
(To:gchapman)

Had this issue today.  Same as all no real information as to the cause of the error.  Was checking out a EPMdocument along with 24 WTparts that were associated.  The workaround was to add the objects to a workspace.  Then I checked out only the EPMdocument.  Then I checked out all of the WTparts except the two that was causing the issue.  Then I checked out the last 2 WTparts with no error.

Top Tags