cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Notice vs. Promotion Request

Highlighted
Level 17

Change Notice vs. Promotion Request

I'm trying to understand how a change notice could be used in place of a promotion request.

• Does the change notice need an implementation plan and change tasks or is the change notice object itself sufficient to handle the promotion process?
  • Where do I choose the target state for the objects being promoted?  There is a page on the promotion request wizard to select the target state but I'm not seeing anything like this in the change notice or its related change tasks.
  • Same question for reviewer and approvers.  Where are these roles selected if using a change notice?

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Level 12

Re: Change Notice vs. Promotion Request

Hi Tom

point 1: Think you have to use Change activities and plan cause you can not link directly Business Objects to the Change Notice in order to apply actions through the workflow ...  or may be investigate to the new Change configurable links.

point 2:  there's no target state in Change Mgmt.   It is more drived with transitions of related Business Objects lifecycles , or even you can implement in your own workflow your own logic.  So you can mix  in one Change Notice , business objects in different lifecyclestate and "promote" them to different target states...

Point 3: Roles are more driven by the Change Notice team roles and/or Container team Roles. 

OOTB , roles are Change Admin I and Change Admin II, etc ...

but depending of your implemented workflow , you can imagine whatever you need....

Simple observers for mail distribution, or even more  than one approvers with different branching depending of the Change complexity ...