cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Customizing view My Tasks - Home page

JHall
16-Pearl

Customizing view My Tasks - Home page

Greetings Windchillers.
I’m trying to customize the task view on the home page. I’m wondering if there is a way to set up a view to just see a particular group of tasks such as open tasks for incoming Problem Reports?   I've been playing with it
I was able to sort by PBO column and get all PR, CR, CNs.  

I've done various views but none seem to get to the meat of the matter; I really want just Open Triage PR Tasks in that particular view of the My Tasks table.  I wonder if I could add an Alias Attribute to the PR and sort for that?

Any ideas how that might be done. We want a person to be able to open their home page and set a view of My Tasks to show the Tasks they need to action for their particular job function.
TIA - James
Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS08
WGM 11.0 M030
Inventor Pro 2017
Windows 10

6 REPLIES 6
JeffZemsky
17-Peridot
(To:JHall)

@JHall you can have attributes from the PBO available on the Task table.  In your case you would want to show State from the PBO.  Refer to this section of help:

Displaying Alias Attribute Information for Workflow PBO in My Task Table

Thanks @JeffZemsky   I'm wondering if I can restrict it to just Problem Reports?  What I seem to be getting from that is all my Open PBO's?

James

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

@JHall  It depends upon the alias attribute you use.  However if you link from a Problem report to Workitem the State attribute will only show for Problem Reports.  However the attribute column could appear in any Task Table view.  It will just be empty for non Problem Report PBOs.

@JeffZemsky

I think I'm beginning to understand you, I was trying to do this via Customizing a View in the My Tasks table on the home page, but you are suggesting I go into Type and Attribute Management in the Site Utilities

That's where I was loosing you, but unfortunately due to the status of our system (we are on the cusp of our first go-live) I don't want to monkey with those attributes just now.  I am going to wait until later to give this a try when I have more time.  I think this is a good idea and look forward to when I can give this a go.  

Thanks so much for your input!

James

JeffZemsky
17-Peridot

@JHall - exactly.  If you follow the Help link it shows the steps.  Here is a video example of using this process as well as some examples of how its setup in Type Manager

That's a great video, @JeffZemsky  Thanks for sharing it.  I will probably do this after we go live and I have a little more time to fiddle with things. 

I did do a little work this morning just with the Customize View options available on the My Task table, and had an interesting response. I could show one Problem Report that was open, four PRs that were in a mix of Open, Resolved, and Canceled States, or three that were closed by being Resolved or Canceled. Very odd when there are 15 Open PRs in My Tasks!

I can't understand why a customized view would show one Open PR among 15? Seems as if showing one like that should show the other 14 who appear in the same condition. In the screen shots I've shown A and B are consistent and I've never changed them in this test, the variations have been in the Set Filters screen.

Set Filters screen 1 produces 1 PR (of 15 open).

Set Filters screen 2 produces 3 PRs which are closed.

Set Filters screen 3 produces 4 PRs in mixed states of dozens.

Top Tags