cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Evaluating Or Conditional Second Time Stalls Workflow

BrianKrieger
7-Bedrock

Evaluating Or Conditional Second Time Stalls Workflow

Good morning, gurus!

I have an Or conditional in a workflow.  If evaluated once to loop back through, things are triggered fine, workflow is looped back.  If the or evaluates to loop through a second time, the workflow stalls.  No errors, nothing to show what happened.  I'm assuming there is a basic something I'm missing here (I do see that the wf detects there is a multiple routing of this branch, so maybe that?

I appreciate the help.

Brian Krieger

PS:  Even if the Or condition is simply hardwired as:

try {
 System.out.println("**PR Manager **Checking for Empty Key Roles**");
 boolean continueOn = false;
 if(continueOn){
  result="SetupComplete";
 }
 else{
  result="NotifyEmptyApr";
 }
 }
catch (Exception e) {
 System.out.println("**PR Manager **Unkown Exception**");
 result="NotifyEmptyApr";
}

In this case, the "NotifyEmptyApr" branch would be executed.  Will execute once, but not a second time.  Hence why I figure the catch in place in the system somewhere.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just need to check the box on the connector config UI to be "loop link" which turns the connector segment red

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Is your looplink red?  Likely need to reset on the loopback.

Awesome, thanks, Mike!

Ah.  Wasn't setting it as a loop link. So resetting.  Should I reset that through code? Or on the connector looping back to the task just prior to the loop back?  Or am I understanding this all wrong?  Should there be a reset path back to ground, maybe with a link back to the original task?

Just need to check the box on the connector config UI to be "loop link" which turns the connector segment red

Sassa frassa....

Back to just the Awesome part, Mike.  I had checked the loop link after your note (didn't know that, sweet!) but then I got hung on the "reset" part so I was trying to be smart an set the connectors as "reset" (which you didn't tell me to do...shame on me, ha).  When all I needed to do was just leave them alone.

So yup, just checking the loop link took care of it (and all of the connectors staying as "start").  Thanks for the quick response to the learner's question!

Glad that it worked.

For anyone listening... I work full time (and then some) but also do quite a bit on the side supporting WC admins on things like this (for > 10 years now). Generally get a PO for 20-50 hours, to be used as needed.  Please contact me using private message if interested.

Top Tags