cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Family table behaviour in PDMLink

PrebenReventlow
1-Newbie

Family table behaviour in PDMLink

Hi.

I have an annoying problem with family tables in PDMLink 9.1 and WF5.

Almost every part or assembly with a Family Table that's opened in WF5 is bound to be "modified" or "not eligible for upload" .

This results in a huge amount of files in the workspace and extensive troubles in checking files back in.

I have a suspicion about some old parameters that's been "adopted" from our previous CAD system.

The parameters are :

weight=pro_mp_mass (was mp_mass("")!)

thickness=smt_thickness

Can these parameters cause the family tables to be regarded as modified?

3 REPLIES 3

Greetings!

Yes.....IMHO, those old relations are suspect and could cause the local modifications. Consider using the Lock function to minimize the local mods. The downside to the Lock is you'll get a conflict dialog box everytime telling you the file is Read Only. When you open your models if there's a yellow regen light then they will require a regen, save and check in. Might be good to establish a practice to get the legacy models fully regen'd and checked in. With the family tables, I recommend handling the generic/instance(s) at the same time. We do not check in a generic without all it's instances also being checked in.

Best Regards, Jim

I've tried to comment the relations out in one of the more simple assemblies.

We test the result right now.

So far it looks good, but i'll still give it at least a week before final judgement.

We'er very cautious about verifying all instances and checking in and out generics and instances when necessary. I just hope these "spontaneous" regenerations stops.

Please see my previous posting on this topic. I've included some links below. Hope this helps:

My system on a diet - a look back

I've include some previous posts that illustrate this issue with solutions. Follow the links to the other postings.

Top Tags