cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

How to modify Change Request workflow.

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

How to modify Change Request workflow.

In the case of the promotion process, it could be changed in preference management.
Where can I change to reconfigure the processes associated with a change request?
Do I have to manually modify the default change request process?
Or can you specify other workflows like the promotion process?

Please help me.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @CHASEONHO,

Your observations are absolutely correct. Promotion process can be can be configured with the help of preference. 
However there is no such configuration setting for change request (as far as I validate it on 10.2 M030).

However if you wish to change default (OOTB) change request process, you can do it through lifecycle template.

To do this, you can follow below approach:

1. Identify which lifecycle template is being used for Change Request. 

2. You can do this via Object Initiation Rule Administration at Org or Site (or even at Context) level.

3. Once you identify Lifecycle template, you can go to Lifecycle Template Administration, locate and edit the lifecycle template.

4. In this, under Workflow tab, you can change/point to new workflow you wish to use for Change Request.

5. Save and Check in modified lifecycle teamplate

6. Initiate new Change Request.

Note: As always do this testing on test server first.

Best Regards,

Shirish

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @CHASEONHO,

Your observations are absolutely correct. Promotion process can be can be configured with the help of preference. 
However there is no such configuration setting for change request (as far as I validate it on 10.2 M030).

However if you wish to change default (OOTB) change request process, you can do it through lifecycle template.

To do this, you can follow below approach:

1. Identify which lifecycle template is being used for Change Request. 

2. You can do this via Object Initiation Rule Administration at Org or Site (or even at Context) level.

3. Once you identify Lifecycle template, you can go to Lifecycle Template Administration, locate and edit the lifecycle template.

4. In this, under Workflow tab, you can change/point to new workflow you wish to use for Change Request.

5. Save and Check in modified lifecycle teamplate

6. Initiate new Change Request.

Note: As always do this testing on test server first.

Best Regards,

Shirish

If you're just starting to get into these things, there are some "best practices" that are helpful.  Every admin seems to develop their own style on them.

I'm of the opinion that all such changes should be handled like this when possible:

- Leave all at Site level alone except to disable (e.g. don't edit OIR or Lifecycle or Workflow templates at Site level.

- Use Save As at Org level from OIRs, LC and WF templates as needed, then edit at that level.

This gives the great advantage of being able to go back to the OTB condition at any time.

Good luck!

thanks mlockwood-2

thanks ShirishMorkhade

I wonder one more thing.
Do you manually enter objects that have changed most of the time when you are in the process of requesting a change?
Do you also check-in all the parent assemblies associated with that object again to recreate the visualization?

Top Tags