cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Impossible to upload content in documents

HenriMarchal
1-Newbie

Impossible to upload content in documents

Hello,

I've got a bug on my Windchill instance. It was working before, but now, when I try to add a content (a file) to a new document, or if I try to replace the content of an existing document, I've got this error message:

An error occured while uploading the file. Please contact your administrator. Error: [object Error]

I've got nothing in the logs of Tomcat or Windchill...

The vault seems ok. It is possible to read the content of documents created before this bug.

It doesn't sound to be an ACL topic because the wcadmin user has got the same issue.

Have you ever met this kind of problem ?

Cheers,

Henri Marchal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I think it is simillar problem that I have some time ago. It is Java applet secuirity update in version above J2SE 1.6.0_18.

Despite that PTC software matrix says that java 1.6.0_15/16 and above are OK you will have this problem with all version above 1.6.0_18.

You can solve it in two ways.

- Decrease Java version to 1.6.0_18 on the client

- In Windchill (wcadmin) -> Preference Manager -> Exspand Attachments branch and find File Upload Mechanism -> Edit preference and set value to "Use basic browser functionality to select and upload files" (this will affect all users!)

Regards

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Henri,

What is your Java version of the client and server. How you attach the file - drop down way or via brows?

Regards.

hello Daniel,

for the server: J2SE 1.6.0_18

for the client: J2SE 1.6.0_24-b07

And I attach file via brows.

Thank you.

Hi,

I think it is simillar problem that I have some time ago. It is Java applet secuirity update in version above J2SE 1.6.0_18.

Despite that PTC software matrix says that java 1.6.0_15/16 and above are OK you will have this problem with all version above 1.6.0_18.

You can solve it in two ways.

- Decrease Java version to 1.6.0_18 on the client

- In Windchill (wcadmin) -> Preference Manager -> Exspand Attachments branch and find File Upload Mechanism -> Edit preference and set value to "Use basic browser functionality to select and upload files" (this will affect all users!)

Regards

jessh
5-Regular Member
(To:DanielSinacki)

Windchil versions that support Java 6 clients state support for "or higher" update/maintenance releases of Java 6, but:

1. Various Java 6 Updates starting at Update 19 introduced changes that broke numerous Windchill applets.
  2. Fixes have been made available for these breakages for recent Windchill releases, but you have to apply them.

I don't know the temp patch numbers or any such -- I'm not in technical support. Suffice it to say, however, if you're on a recent release fixes are available. Unfortunately it has been a long time since the last R9.1 MOR, but the most recent R10 MOR should contain all of the fixes already, I believe.

MatthewKnight
4-Participant
(To:jessh)

Just go with the html upload pref. That'll save you a lot of of headaches with the users. I'd take a guess that next to nobody uses the java drag and drop for uploading content.

fyi, I think you can force a jre version with the wt.taglib.util.plugin.* wt.properties.

It would be nice if we did not have so many issues with Oracle updating Java. If you're curious abou the numbers, I have had a poll running for a few months regarding users preffered download mechanism in Windchill. Check it out HERE.

If you're on Windchill 10.0, please check out all the great new features we added in the Desktop Integration plugin

Top Tags