cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Mapping attributes to Desktop Integration

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Mapping attributes to Desktop Integration

I've been trying to incorporate attributes that exist in Windchill into Excel with limited success. One such attribute is 'modified by' I can see this in Windchill but cannot see it when I attempt to use the field in Excel. I have been informed by the support team that this should be mapped in the msoimap.xml file.

Again I have attempted to do this but the updated section in the msoimap fails to drive anything new into excel. I have even attempted to drive in a second attribute which I can already see under a different msname in the map file.

The other issue I have is that although 'Modified By' is the display name it cant be the attribute as it has a space in it.

Any help on this would be great.

4 REPLIES 4

I am very interested on this topic, also for other all Office documents type.

In the on-line manual I found this :

https://support.ptc.com/help/windchill/wc110_hc/whc_en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center%2FDTIWCDocAttributesInsert.html%23wwID0E4D4U 

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:RoyCrerar)

I don't know what it would be but someone that could help might want to know what version of Windchill and Office you are running.

As a side note, Office 365 when implemented in the cloud is not supported by PDMLink 11.0  I don't know about 11.1 or if it will be supported in the future.  Unfortunately for me, the company I work for will be going to 365 in the cloud.

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite
(To:STEVEG)

Hi, I'm using office 2010. 

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:RoyCrerar)

We used to have this implemented and for e.g. Modified By it is about editing msoimap.xml as pretty much described here

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS36657

However, now we've adopted templates without that information and only name, number, state, category and a comment in header that workflow is electronically managed, ie. someone interested in that can find the participants from Windchill by the doc number.

Top Tags