cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Mass Promotion request for many objects

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Mass Promotion request for many objects

Hi All,

If I have some 1200 parts with me in an excel file and if I had to raise a promotion request for all those parts and get it approved. How would I be doing it ?

Do I need to develop any utility for that ? If yes Can you please let me know about it.

Thanks and Regards,

Aditya

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:aachanta)

Could consider re-assigning lifecycle template.  Assign the existing template and choose the starting state that would result from promotion.

If you need evidence of having promoted, should be able to put all on one promotion request. Challenge may be collecting them.  If they are all in one folder or if there is a way to get them all in one search, then can add all at that point to the request.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:aachanta)

Could consider re-assigning lifecycle template.  Assign the existing template and choose the starting state that would result from promotion.

If you need evidence of having promoted, should be able to put all on one promotion request. Challenge may be collecting them.  If they are all in one folder or if there is a way to get them all in one search, then can add all at that point to the request.

Top Tags