cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Modifying Folder In Product To Automatically Place New Parts In

VillageFool12
4-Participant

Modifying Folder In Product To Automatically Place New Parts In

I have created a folder in my created product. I want to set it to when a new part is created in the product, no matter where it is created, it will immediately be placed in my created folder. How would I set it to where this will happen? Do I modify the OIR of the parts that I want to be immediately placed in the folder? If so, how would I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VillageFool12,

If you can modify OIR at the product level like below, and next time whenever you try ot create Part, it will automatically select the folder you wish to.

folder name.jpg

snippet.jpg

My folders in Product container are as below:

folder structure.jpg

And while creating WTPart, wizard will be display with AutoSelected Folder path as below:

preselected location.jpg

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shirish

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @VillageFool12,

If you can modify OIR at the product level like below, and next time whenever you try ot create Part, it will automatically select the folder you wish to.

folder name.jpg

snippet.jpg

My folders in Product container are as below:

folder structure.jpg

And while creating WTPart, wizard will be display with AutoSelected Folder path as below:

preselected location.jpg

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shirish

Thank you so much! Worked perfectly.

This solution does limit the initial location of ALL parts created until you revise the OIR.

What problem are you trying to solve by limiting where files are initially stored?

Another possible solution, if you want to leave a little control up to the people if your WTparts are generally created by auto association- There is a workspace setting for every workspace where you can dictate which folder new CAD and new WTparts are placedws_img.jpg

Top Tags