cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Modifying WGM Cache Location - Post Install

Matte
2-Guest

Modifying WGM Cache Location - Post Install

Hello all, I am new to the community and unfamiliar with administering WindChill..

I work for an international company that hosts its WindChill server across the pond. Each of the user installs that we are pushing out defaults to having its cache hosted on a local fikle server. Which wasn't really an issue until several of my users went to travel internationally and when they went to kick off WGM, having to access a cache on a local US share, while in Europe which is now causing some latency problems. That said, is there a good method for updating where items are cached (i.e. on the local disk as opposed to a share) after we have already installed WGM on the user's machine?

4 REPLIES 4
olivierfresse
13-Aquamarine
(To:Matte)

Hi,

It's driven by environment variables :

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS62457&language=en&posno=1&q=PTC_WF_ROOT&ProductFamily=Windchill%7CWPA&source=search

• PTC_WF_ROOT: Path to directory for client server and workspace cache
  • PTC_WF_CACHE: Path to directory for specifying additional cache space for new workspaces (optional)
  • PTC_WLD_ROOT: Path to directory for client Workspace Local Directory (optional, if working with 3rd Party CAD models)
  • CREO_AGENT_HOME: Path for Creo Platform Agent (Creo Parametric 1.0 or later). Refer to CS174534 to set Creo Agent Home directory for Creo Parametric

Thank you! It sounds like I will need to set the cache for both the workstation and the cache for working with CAD models as we use it in conjunction with CATIA. Once these are set, does anything need to be done to either release, delete or close out the current cache location?

olivierfresse
13-Aquamarine
(To:Matte)

Yes.

I've only used PTC_WF_ROOT, as I've never used Catia's WGM.

You may have to set PTC_WLD_ROOT as well.

The old folders won't be used anymore.

gmehta
5-Regular Member
(To:olivierfresse)

I would recommend to set all these setting to local user machine for best performance.

This type of CACHE should not be on servers (assuming users check in cad regurarly to WC).

Top Tags