cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Objects created in site folders?

BrianToussaint
19-Tanzanite

Objects created in site folders?

Every once in a while in Windchill, we have items mysteriously created in a path that starts with \site and then some other folder.  Usually they are wtParts that this happens to.  Once this happens, nothing can be done with that wtPart except rename and set state.  It cannot be moved and it cannot be seen by users other than the one that created it and admins.  Does anyone know how this happens so that I can stop if from happening in the future?

We are working with Windchill 11.0.

5 REPLIES 5

The user must have Site access.  Given this access, one can create a workspace at Site (or Org) and check in all kinds of stuff.

I actually worked on a project for which in a small company (4 users to start), all were Org admin and they checked in all CAD to Org level for 6 months+.  Had to pull out, delete, and then import to a Product.

So how do I get rid of this access?  I never set it up explicitly and it is non admin users that are able to do this.

Must have some odd ACLs in place somehow.

Ideal would be to log on as a non-admin user and try.  If it allows, then investigate using Edit Access Control and drill down to all related ACLs.

The weird thing is that the user doesn't try to check the objects in there, it usually just happens and we don't know about it until it is too late.

Hi Brian,

We have had the same issue.

I think is a bug but I can't replicate it since is random.
As curiosity, are you using MS SQL server as DB?

Antonio

Top Tags