cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

On a rehosted Windchill 10.x system MethodServer fails to start with error "Info*Engine configuration error - The default Directory Service Provider URL and/or Service Search Base could not be retrieved from Info*Engine properties."

maheshkumar
1-Newbie

On a rehosted Windchill 10.x system MethodServer fails to start with error "Info*Engine configuration error - The default Directory Service Provider URL and/or Service Search Base could not be retrieved from Info*Engine properties."

Hi All,

I am Rehosting(Rename) in Windchill 10.2 M030 using Rehosting Utility 3.0,

I have tried in Test server its succesfully rehosted, however i am doing the same in Production Server,Methods server couuld not able to start.

Below is the errors,

• On a rehosted Windchill 10.2 system the MethodServer fails to start with the following error message:

wt.method.server.startup.services  - Failure to start manager wt.audit.StandardAuditService

wt.services.ManagerException: Could not initialize Auditing service.

Nested exception is: wt.util.WTException: (wt.federation.PrincipalManager.PrincipalManagerResource/CONFIG_ERROR_INCORRECT_NAMING_PROVIDER) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Info*Engine configuration error -  The default Directory Service Provider URL and/or Service Search Base could not be retrieved from Info*Engine properties. Contact your system administrator.

Nested exception is: (wt.federation.PrincipalManager.PrincipalManagerResource/CONFIG_ERROR_INCORRECT_NAMING_PROVIDER) com.infoengine.util.IEException: Info*Engine configuration error -  The default Directory Service Provider URL and/or Service Search Base could not be retrieved from Info*Engine properties. Contact your system administrator.

at wt.federation.PrincipalManager.DirContext.getAdapterInfoMaps(DirContext.java:313)

at wt.federation.PrincipalManager.DirContext.initMapsForDefaultAdapters(DirContext.java:273)

at wt.federation.PrincipalManager.DirContext.init(DirContext.java:248)

at wt.federation.PrincipalManager.DirContext.getPrimaryName(DirContext.java:631)

at wt.org.LdapServices.getAllServices(LdapServices.java:304)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)

at wt.services.ServiceFactory$ServerInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceFactory.java:399

Please help me out.

regards

Mahesh Kumar G

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think there the rehost script did not completely modify the LDAP conf branch and the info*engine property files. Quickly browse through the ie/properties file in Windchill/codebase/WEB-INF directory and the conf branch in LDAP.

You can try running the ant script to make sure that the LDAP details are correctly modified to match new server name.

From Windchill/ bin/adminTools/rehost/

ant "-Dtarget-ldap=ldap://<LDAPAdminUser>:<LDAPAdminPW>@newservername-fqdn:<ldapPort>/" -Dtarget-domain=newservername-fqdn

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I think there the rehost script did not completely modify the LDAP conf branch and the info*engine property files. Quickly browse through the ie/properties file in Windchill/codebase/WEB-INF directory and the conf branch in LDAP.

You can try running the ant script to make sure that the LDAP details are correctly modified to match new server name.

From Windchill/ bin/adminTools/rehost/

ant "-Dtarget-ldap=ldap://<LDAPAdminUser>:<LDAPAdminPW>@newservername-fqdn:<ldapPort>/" -Dtarget-domain=newservername-fqdn

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

Hi Binesh,

Thanks for your reply, I have resolved using the same.

Regards,

Thank you

Dhanshri
4-Participant
(To:maheshkumar)

How the issue solved plz let me know.. i am facing same issue

Also, for some folks, they may forget to clear Tomcat cache(s) or script(s) fail to do so or other networking configuration causes an issue preventing LDAP communication. The audit service is always the first method server service to initiate, henceforth, the error message or stack trace seen.  Keep in mind this also can occur for any dependency such as database. I mention this only for those searching on  "Failure to start manager wt.audit.StandardAuditService"

Top Tags