cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unable to configure Modelcheck Metrics

DineshNarkhede
1-Newbie

Unable to configure Modelcheck Metrics

Can anybody please explain me how to setup Modelcheck Metrics in creo to get the comibined Modelcheck report?

I found setup information in creo installation pdf. The same way I installed tomcat and tried to deploy the new_admin.xml and create_database.war But I am not able to deploy the xml file. Also, how to create database for Modelcheck metrics?

Can I use the same tomcat instance and database which windchill is using?

And what changes I need to do in new_admin.xml configuration?

Can I generate report from windchill?

I am getting the following error. screen shot attached

2 REPLIES 2

Any comments on this? I also have tried to configure Metrics Tool but I could not find information about this, the PTC guide is not very clear for me. I will appreciate if any have more information.

Hello,

I asked PTC support about the Metrics tool, and was also surprised to learn it's a build it yourself tool where PTC only provides some parts.  Not really a quality way to deliver a solution.  It really seems like the ModelCHECK tool is under-supported by product teams at PTC at the moment. I can find no pages on www.ptc.com that talk about ModelCHECK.  I guess there's only so many resources and with all the IoT development, this tool just isn't receiving focus.  The PTC Live Creo roadmap talks about using a ThingWorx dashboard to measure how successful people are with Creo, I wonder if there is any overlap to the type of functionality that ModelCHECK provides, noting that ModelCHECK focuses on creo data quality, and the ThingWorx Creo dashboard tool has a sightly different focus.

Other references listed on ptcusercommunity point to alternate solutions to consider:

http://www.inneo.co.uk/product/genius-tools-model-processor/

http://www.buw-soft.de/index.php?id=smartupdatewizard&L=3

I haven't had time to look into those tools, but something with a wizard that walks you through the setup and provides an automated way to set up a Metrics Key Performance Indicators system would be excellent (obviously).

- Jim

Top Tags