cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

WGM toolkit - Windchill 10.2

bdolezal
3-Visitor

WGM toolkit - Windchill 10.2

Am I able to use Work Group Manager Toolkit with Visual Studio 2013? Is here any training opportunity for programming with WGM Toolkit? Ideally in Europe (best in Czech Republic).

5 REPLIES 5
pmooteri
12-Amethyst
(To:bdolezal)

Hi Bretislav,

You may use Visual Studio 2013, but you should make sure it is set to use the 2012 compiler and linker.

Below are some instructions that you can refer from training perspective:

Please refer to WWGM Toolkit resource page in on-line PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager Help Center

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wwgm102_hc/index.jspx?id=wwgmtoolkit_workingwith_other_resources&action=show

More information on examples of WWGM Toolkit can be found at the following sections of the documentation.

1. PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager Toolkit

For users who have no information about WWGM Toolkit, you can find a zipped WWGM Toolkit API from the following location.

• The toolkit library is included in a Workgroup Manager client installation:

• <WWGM>\wwgmtk\WWGMTK.WC10.zip

Then build the sample Toolkit program with the sample makefile. In general, Toolkit developer starts from there.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Product Manager, PTC

Hi Pankaj -

Can mass upload and checkin of Inventor CAD data be done using  WWGMTK (Toolkit)? If not what is the best way of going about it as I believe JLink cannot do it right?

Also WWGMTK - is there a Java wrapper around the toolkit?

Thank you

Hi Sudeep,

Can you please provide me some information, so that, I can get you appropriate answers for your query?

1. Windchill & Autodesk Inventor version

2. When you say "mass upload & Checkin", can you provide me an estimate number of unique files that you are expecting to be handled?

3. How is your data currently handled? Do you use any other PDM system & want to get it into Windchill? Or is it not managed currently & you need to manage it in Windchill now?

We have "Import to Workspace" functionality in Windchill Workgroup Manager that can be used to load multiple files in bulk to Windchill. Other than that, we can also use WWGMTK.

In case of WWGMTK, it does not have any Java wrapper around the toolkit.

Regards,

Pankaj Mooteri

Problem is that older versions of Visual Studio are not any more offeret at Microsoft web sites. 😞 I can find only VS 2013 and VS2015 on Microsoft pages.

santoshr0114
4-Participant
(To:bdolezal)

DId you find any alternative ?

Top Tags