cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill 11.0 Classification Search missing

ClaudiuCraciun
6-Contributor

Windchill 11.0 Classification Search missing

Hi,

I'm trying to follow Part Link training related to classification and I found that Classification is missing under Search.

I'm new in Winchill language.

Any Idea how to add the Classification?

Thank you for your help

CC

10 REPLIES 10

Maybe you don't have classified data or you don't have the PartsLink in your windchill installation.

In windchill 11 parts link search is integrated with the advanced search.

Please have a look at the documentation:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc110_hc/index.jspx?id=NewandChanged_ClassificationSearch&action=show

Regards,

Riccardo

Integrated but must be installed

Yes, you are right, but I have seen from the screenshot that Claudiu was searching where it was the previous version of PartsLink

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:rvecchiato)

In addition based on the datecode of Windchill 11 you have to install the server component for Index Search Server to get the Classification Search in UI.

PTC has separated the client and server component for Index Search Server in Windchill 11 M010 I guess.

Regards,

Kaushik

HI,

Bellow are the application installed, but the search classification still doesn't appears.

Am I doing something wrong for that the classification doesn't appears.

Thx,

CC

--  --------  --------------  ---------------           ---------  ---------------------         

F000      Creo 3.1          vizpviewrun.10.3.0.00.42       01         PTC Creo View - Clients       

F000      11.0                 pjl.11.0.0.00.455                     01         PTC Windchill ProjectLink 11.0

F000      11.0                 whc.11.0.0.00.41                    02         PTC Windchill 11.0 Help Center

F000      Creo 3.1          vizadapters.13.3.0.00.42       02         PTC Creo View - Adapters      

F000      11.0                 pdml.11.0.0.00.455                 01         PTC Windchill PDMLink 11.0    

F000      11.0                 solr.11.0.0.00.455                  01         PTC Windchill 11.0 Index Search

F000      11.0                 ie.11.0.0.00.455                    01         PTC Windchill 11.0 Info*Engine

F000      11.0                 wnc.11.0.0.00.455                   01         PTC Windchill 11.0 Services   

F000      11.0                 commonpdm.11.0.0.00.455   01         PTC Windchill 11.0 Common Base

F000      11.0                 ptlc.11.0.0.00.455                  01         PTC Windchill PartsLink 11.0  

Hello

be carrefull .  You're on 11 F00.

in 11 F00 , the Partslink classification search is not really integrated. Still the "old fashion" tree browser in addition to normal Advanced search (and need If i remember to be activated by pref or at least create a Classification tree before ....)

You need to be in 11 m020 to have the new features:

- Classif Search embeded in Advanced Search

-faceted results   etc ...

Need few steps in Windchill installation cause based on Index Search engine

regards

KD
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:ClaudiuCraciun)

Please refer below article in PTC.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS245167

Regards,

Kaushik

Hi

Please refer below article from PTC.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS247027

Regards,

Naresh

Hi,

Please try to add the following entry in codebase/config/actions/search-actionmodels.xml 

<model name="search page action">
        <action name="classificationSearch" type="search" shortcut="true"/>
    </model>

After addition of that entry, do 'reload actions' which is available under Customization(Tab) -> Tools.

(To enable customizations tab, got to Site->Utilities->Preference Management->Set Client Customization to YES)

Hope this helps you!

Top Tags