cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Windchill Approver Selection

pramkumar
1-Newbie

Windchill Approver Selection

Hi,

I am uploading a document in windchill, as well i need a approval for the same by routing it through windchill.

How can i assign the reviewer/approver in windchill.

Do anyone know the process/step, kindly help me out

Regards,

Prabhu

4 REPLIES 4

Prabhu,

You can create workflow for document approval and then link it  to 1st state of lifecycle (u need to use advance lifecycle ),so whenever new document is created/uploaded workflow process will start. Create workflow as per your approval process  i.e. add approve review and rework activities.

Check Windchill l help centre for more details

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=LCChp_WFProcessPhaseGateAssociate&action=show

else you can  define necessary transition in Document lifecycle for promote & lock  transition and use promotion request  for document approval 

check help Centre for more details

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=LCStateTransDefine&action=show

Hope it helps

Thanks

Shreyas

How to create a work flow in windchill

Arshad
17-Peridot
(To:sabarisk)

To create a Workflow Template you may refer to the Windchill Help Center : Creating a Workflow Template

For more information also refer to the topic : About Workflow Administration

bsindelar
6-Contributor
(To:pramkumar)

It also depends on if you are using PDMLink or ProjectLink:

Option 1 of Shreyas's response is available in both.

Option 2 is available in PDMLink only.

For ProjectLink you can also use the "route" action on an object, which has I believe 5 default configured workflows that you can set up approvers and/or reviewers before kicking it off, as an ad-hoc approval process.

The option you choose also depends on the ability to search for the approval processes and record of approval as well, so make sure to keep that in mind.

Top Tags