cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Windchill Data Model Diagram and Database table relationships

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Windchill Data Model Diagram and Database table relationships

Hi All, Can anyone please let me know where Windchill Data model diagram is and how will I get to know the database table relationships. Just like we have IDA3MASTERREFERENCE in WTPart to IDA2A2 in WTPARTMASTER. I wish to know which column in one table has a relationship with another column in another table. Where can i get the Windchill Data Model Diagram. Can anyone please let me know how to get to know this database tables column relationships. Thanks and Regards, Aditya
4 REPLIES 4
DKWc
13-Aquamarine
(To:aachanta)

Hi Aditya,

Could crack anything on this?

Regards,

Durga

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:DKWc)

A DB table browser I found was always helpful in figuring out relationships. Once you browsed enough of them you see a strong pattern in their generation. IDA2A2 is a row ID. If there is a link to a specific item, iteration, etc, the link table will refer to this number mainly. Exception would be for version links. You'll notice links to other tables in the form of IDA...something something (ex: IDA3B5 or IDA3B3). Right next to that column is typically a class name with a similar column heading. That indicates what table the IDA... column adjacent is linked to. You can search for that column and look for the IDA2A2 that matches there linked reference. There is also strong correlation in URLS to table names or something similar. Not always and everything but without a rational rose model, it should not take long with Toad or SQL Developer to go hunting and find what you need.

jbailey
17-Peridot

So to my knowledge, PTC doesn't necessarily share the complete data model and table relationships... There are several articles that show the data model for certain objects.

Here is a data model support page for reporting purposes:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/wnc-reporting-landing/wnc-reporting-landing-main/querybuilder-intro/wnc-datamodel?overlay=BDDBFF62-6C2F-436C-A38B-BF1BDD6B3F23&source=search

Also, for exploring database tables there is a tool called SQL Developer which may help visualize table relationships

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

The best way to attack such problem is to run the find_ida2a2.sql with the ida2a2 of an object ,this will return all tables where this id is referenced and relationship columns  .

Fadel_0-1686236399101.png

Attached is the one I use with Oracle .

You may also look at https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs137012 

Fede
Top Tags