cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

enumerations

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

enumerations

We haven't yet used (new for 10.x) enumerated lists of attribute values, but are preparing to do so. Some of our attributes have very long lists of possible values.

There is no method that we can see to transfer values developed in a test system to production. Has anyone found a way to do this - possible via a Windchill shell command? Note: one can easily capture the values via a query builder report and so typing is not required when adding to production, but lots of copy/paste is still needed.

Tech support saysexport / import thruany meansis not supported as far as they know.

7 REPLIES 7

Mike,
Enumerated lists are exported when you export the object type through the LoadFromFile command. The you can import the files into the next system.

Thanks,
Patrick Williams

On Oct 17, 2013, at 5:00 PM, "Mike Lockwood" <mike.lockwood@alcon.com<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:mike.lockwood@alcon.com">>">mailto:mike.lockwood@alcon.com>> wrote:

We haven't yet used (new for 10.x) enumerated lists of attribute values, but are preparing to do so.  Some of our attributes have very long lists of possible values.

There is no method that we can see to transfer values developed in a test system to production.  Has anyone found a way to do this - possible via a Windchill shell command?  Note: one can easily capture the values via a query builder report and so typing is not required when adding to production, but lots of copy/paste is still needed.

Tech support says export / import thru any means is not supported as far as they know.

----------

The exploder is the absolute best resource – appreciate it!

Hi Mike,

Could you attach the .qml report you mention above?  I'm able to import and export my enumerations without issue, but I can't quite figure out how to generate a report/list showing what enumerations are actually loaded into the system.

Thanks!

Hi Gregg,

Attached is the query I use. I prefer to run directly over report manager. I have a resource limited dbuser in production db to run sqls.

Thanks

Binesh

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:GKelly)

Please email me at mike.lockwood@alcon.com (or -) and I'll send.

You can export and import global enumerations. I'm not sure what happens if the enumeration already exists:

Create(DefinitionExporter.xml) for a Global Enumeration:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<!DOCTYPE NmLoader SYSTEM "standardX20.dtd">

<NmLoader>

<csvExportDefinition handler="com.ptc.core.lwc.server.TypeDefinitionExporter.beginExportDefinition">

<csvtoLocation>D:\</csvtoLocation>

<csvtoFileName>enumeration.xml</csvtoFileName>
        <csvexportDefClass>com.ptc.core.lwc.server.LWCEnumerationDefinition</csvexportDefClass>
        <csvexportNames>EnumInternalName</csvexportNames>
    </csvExportDefinition>
</NmLoader>

And import it again:
windchill wt.load.LoadFromFile -d d:\DefinitionExporter.xml -u wcadmin -p Manager

bcedar
14-Alexandrite
(To:MikeLockwood)

I know this is an old topic but I kept coming back to it.  My classification administrator was essentially looking for a Where Used report for Enumerations.  Since my research kept bringing me back to this discussion, I figure I'd post my findings here.

It took me awhile to find the right tree to bark up and it wasn't until I started looking closely at the Types and Attributes export where I ran across the right class name that'd help me in reporting; com.ptc.core.lwc.server.LWCEnumerationBasedConstraint.  After digging into that we managed to create a report that centralized on this class (basically a link class between LWCEnumerationDefinition or master and LWCIBAAttDefinition)  and gave us the name of the Enumeration (LWCMasterEnumerationDefinition), the name of the Attribute the enumeration is used as a constraint in (LWCIBAAttDefinition), and the context in which that attribute can be found (from LWCIBAAttDefinition context ref, it can be either a LWCTypeDefinition <-Type or a LWCStructEnumAttTemplate <-Classification).  The result is "Enumeration", "Attribute", "Context".  Attached is the QML.

Top Tags