cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

ghosts in assembly

vinoth_b
7-Bedrock

ghosts in assembly

Hii all,

Imported an assembly into workspace from local disc and 154 ghost parts came into sight and i know it's a nightmare. tried  dm_hide_model_dummy_deps=yes in configuration settings but didn't worked out, went to reference viewer to delete unwanted dependencies but a dialogue box " your model includes a very large number of external and local references click ignore to ignore missing references and continue " surfaced. if i click ignore only i can proceed to reference viewer and there no missing references are visible. got struck here

any suggestions to clear those ghosts would be helpful

3 REPLIES 3

Did all the components load in the assembly? Nothing suppressed?

Perhaps some of the parts in the assemblies have external references?

You can try deleting the ghosts from the Workspace. Windchill will block you if it sees that the file is required in some way.

I believe you can also go to the info page of the ghost in the Workspace and look at the Where Used section. That should show you where each ghost is coming from.

jyende
4-Participant
(To:vinoth_b)

There is this PTC support article about ghost objects: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS20956

Try load all the missing component in working directory and remove unwanted components, then upload into work space or else will get Host again 

Top Tags