cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

wtpart number to drawing

cspinelli
13-Aquamarine

wtpart number to drawing

hi,

how can i use the wtpart number in the drawing?

which is the parameter to use?

thanks

9 REPLIES 9

This is out of the box not possible. You have to enable a customization to do that.

If you're familiar with java you can write your own delegate service.

You will find an example in the codebase folder:

com.ptc.windchill.uwgm.proesrv.c11n.ModeledAttributesDelegate

I am not sure if our system has additional configuration for this to work, but you could try adding rel_model_name as a parameter in your table in your drawing format. This parameter works for us.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:cspinelli)

Christian,

Did either of the above suggestions answer your question? If Linda's suggestion doesn't give you what you need then a customization will be required.

Some information is found here:

http://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS18803

kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:cspinelli)

The easy answer to this may be to do it in steps rather than directly. Concept here is that you would map the attributes between the CAD Tool (Parameter) to the CAD Document and then CAD Document to WTPart.

The Parameter (in Creo) to use is PTC_WM_NUMBER. Similarly you can do the same with PTC_WM_NAME... although recall tells me for some reason this is PTC_COMMON_NAME is Creo.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:kpritchard)

As Lori mentioned, PTC_WM_NAME is not accessible in Creo. The best you can do is create a customization from the Windchill "Name" to some other custom attribute (parameter). According to the documentation, the customization will not allow you to use PTC_WM_NAME though. All PTC_** parameter names are reserved.

There are plenty of requests from others begging for this functionality. It makes no sense that Catia, Creo Direct, and AutoCAD can all access this parameter in their respective workgroup managers, but PTC's flagship CAD product, Creo Parametric cannot.

If you have maintenance, you can view (and vote up) the related product idea here: http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4068

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:TomU)

Oh, and one more thing. The customization will allow you to read Windchill attributes for EPM Documents (CAD documents). It will NOT allow you to read information from the associated WT Parts. There is no way (currently) for a CAD document to have any knowledge of related WT Parts. If the WT Part has a different name or number than the EPM Document, you cannot get this passed to Creo for use in a drawing. This is why the publisher (CAD worker) can't watermark information from the WT part on the drawing when publishing. It has absolutely no knowledge about the related WT Parts.

GuillermoCanon
4-Participant

Hi 

Anybody knows if this status is different in Windchill 11 + CREO 5.0?

Thanks!

BjoernRueegg
17-Peridot

I'm absolutly with you! I don't understand why this information isn't available in the CAD and also not in the Office Integration.

The WTPart is the master and all documents and CAD documents describe those WTParts. But on the document itself you have no possibility to show the connected WTPart information....

WTpart (HOHE_20141208075354527)<-- OWNER link --> Cad Document(none_20141208075354667.prt)

<-- Calculate link --> Cad Document(none_20141208075547889.drw)

WTpart (HOHE_20141208084911187)<-- OWNER link --> Cad Document(none_20141208084911180.dwg)

In CREO file none_20141208075547889.drw

In AutoCAD file none_20141208084911180.dwg

info.jpg

Top Tags