cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

AND and OR in si configuresandbox --scope=... expression?

rslaymaker
1-Newbie

AND and OR in si configuresandbox --scope=... expression?

How can I configure a sandbox scope like "path:AAA OR path:BBB OR name:frolic.txt"?

The Help file for the 2009 MKS Integrity GUI says that the "si configuresandbox" command can be used to implement scopes using a combination of logical AND or OR operators, but the si manpage we have doesn't seem to mention --scope and the help text from "si configuresandbox -?" indicates some syntaxes like "name:value" and "path:<expression>" with no hints about how to apply logical operators.

Pointers to documentation I missed are appreciated!

Thanks,

Barrie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrump
14-Alexandrite
(To:rslaymaker)

Hi Barrie,

the best description you can find is in the SourceCLIReference.pdf described in commands "createsandbox" or "configuresandbox".

“OR”- combination of scopes of the same type is done with comma. E.g.

--scope=name:*.c, name:*.h, name:*.xml

“AND”- combination of scopes is done with a new scope. E.g.

--scope=path:/030_Software/* --scope=name:*.c, name:*.h

Please Note:

You cannot set a combination of scopes via the client GUI (due to a poorly programmed dialog). All "advanced" scope settings must be done via the CLI.

“NOT”- inversion of a scopes of the same type is done with “!”. E.g.

--scope=!name:*.zip

HTH

Matthias

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mrump
14-Alexandrite

Hi Barrie,

the best description you can find is in the SourceCLIReference.pdf described in commands "createsandbox" or "configuresandbox".

“OR”- combination of scopes of the same type is done with comma. E.g.

--scope=name:*.c, name:*.h, name:*.xml

“AND”- combination of scopes is done with a new scope. E.g.

--scope=path:/030_Software/* --scope=name:*.c, name:*.h

Please Note:

You cannot set a combination of scopes via the client GUI (due to a poorly programmed dialog). All "advanced" scope settings must be done via the CLI.

“NOT”- inversion of a scopes of the same type is done with “!”. E.g.

--scope=!name:*.zip

HTH

Matthias

Thanks, Mattias.

I checked that PDF prior to posting; the copy at http://www.mks.com/support/productinfo/docs/SourceCLIReference.pdf does not mention --scope.

Is it possible to do "(path:AAA AND name:frolic*.txt) OR path:BBB"?

Also, is there any quoting mechanism for whitespace or colons in filenames?

Seems like allowing "||" and "&&" or similar in the scope <expression> would be useful.

Thanks again!

- Barrie

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hi Barrie,

I took a quick look, and couldn't find anything references to --scope before

Integrity 2009 SP6, in which the Source CLI Referece for Integrity 2009 SP6 Guide does contain a good explanation under si createsandbox on page 62. Make sure that the service pack you are using supports the --scope option. I do not believe it was a valid option in Source Integrity 2007. Regards, Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager

Thanks, Kael. We are running 2009 and the --scope option works as Matthias describes.It's surprising to me that the main one on the web site is apparently years out of date.

Thanks again, I'll see if IT can get me an updated guide.

- Barrie

Top Tags