Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to create FVA field that references IBPL field

Ability to create FVA field that references IBPL field

• Field Value Attribute (FVA) fields cannot reference Issue Backed Pick List (IBPL) fields. That eliminates the possibility to use IBPLs in the shared node of the Document Model, and consequently eliminates the Share/Reuse functionality for IBPLs.
  • IBPL field cannot be treated as a significant edit field in a Document content item.

Request to add both functionalities to IBPLs.

This is documented as enhancement RFC 104455 in the Document - CS84678

4 Comments
Alexandrite

Hello Francisco,

I was reviewing your Idea, can you please elaborate on the use case that you are trying to solve?

Thanks

Kartik

Hello Kartik,

I thought document CS84678 and RFC 104455 would be enough supporting input.

The basic problem is that Share/Reuse in the Document Model requires FVA on the node pointing to the field in the shared item.

Deere uses IBPLs so that pick list values are customized for various stages of the development process. Because FVAs cannot point to IBPLs, all the pick lists cannot be shared or reused.

Francisco

Alexandrite

Hello Francisco,

Thanks for the additional information. I'm moving the state of this Idea to Future Consideration. Do note that his will be reviewed when we look at improving the existing ILM Model.

Thanks

Kartik

Aquamarine

I can really support this one..

Aside from the document model I see other usecases as well.

E.g.

a Product-Item type selected in a "ibpl_related_Product" field in a project Backing Item shall be '"inherited" by Defects in that project using an FVA.

a Design-Element-Item type selected in a "ibpl_related_Design Element" field in a Defect Item shall be '"inherited" by Tasks in that solved the defect using an FVA.