cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Add change package entries?

ssaul
15-Moonstone

Add change package entries?

Hi,

ist there a way to add change package entries to an existing change package?

Example:

A user missed associating a checkin or set member rev with a change package (we have no mandatory change packages in all projects).

Can he create a change package afterwards and somehow add the checkin and/or set member rev action?

I have seen that you can discard change package entries, but obviously not add them!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise
(To:ssaul)

Hi Stephan,

Can you clarify your scenario?  Did they already check-in and commit their change, without the change package?  If so, then you can't add that action to the change package after the fact.

He'd have to do a new check-out/check-in and associate with a change package.

If they yet have to check-in, he should be able to pick a change package at check-in time, depending on your change package settings, if he didn't pick one at check-out.

Some clarification/screenshots may help.  But if you've already committed a change to your repository, without a change package, you can't after-the-fact, say it was part of a change package.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MichaelChatel
20-Turquoise

Hi Stephan,

Can you clarify your scenario?  Did they already check-in and commit their change, without the change package?  If so, then you can't add that action to the change package after the fact.

He'd have to do a new check-out/check-in and associate with a change package.

If they yet have to check-in, he should be able to pick a change package at check-in time, depending on your change package settings, if he didn't pick one at check-out.

Some clarification/screenshots may help.  But if you've already committed a change to your repository, without a change package, you can't after-the-fact, say it was part of a change package.

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:MichaelChatel)

Hi Michael,

unfortunately, the changes are already done/committed without a change package.

The user wants to correct this afterwards.

I thought there might be the opposite action to discard change package entries, but obviously it isn't.

Thanks for clarification anyway!

kthierer
11-Garnet

Maybe a stupid Idea (never tested this):

If its just to leave some traces in a apropriate change package he could try to apply Update Member Revision to

the revisions he checked in (in the order they were created) using a newly created change package (the best case would be I he would land

on the current revisions after this).

This might be problematic if other users have already checked in new revisions (with Update Member Revison option).

BTW:

If the use case was that checkins used the wrong change package the I guess Move Change Package Entry

might be the way to go.

Regards Jürgen

ssaul
15-Moonstone
(To:kthierer)

Hi Jürgen,

thanks for the hint.

Yes, moving the member revision back to where it was (without change package) and then updating member revision with change package was our solution, too.

As you say, it's just for leaving some traces of what was done.

Regards, Stephan

kthierer
11-Garnet

Although I never used Resync By Change Package my question for such a case would be if

this function would still work the same as if the change package entries were created the official way.

Regards Jürgen

Top Tags