cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Attempt to launch MKS Integrity client Timed out.

ptc-5791048
1-Newbie

Attempt to launch MKS Integrity client Timed out.

Hello,

This is my first time with MKS. We are using MKS Integrity Client, most of us are using windows client. I'm on a mac and would like to setup my development environment in a VM, preferably a linux flavor. I'm currently using centos 6.5 32 bit. Installation of mksClient.bin runs fine, but anything I try, I get the following error.

./si gui

./si: Attempt to launch MKS Integrity Client Timed out. To solve this please try the following:

- Verify that the user you are logged in as has read and write permissions to the Integrity Client install directory.

- Make sure the Integrity Client install directory is the very first entry in the path.

I'm able to read/write in integrity client install directory, so that cannot be the issue. I do not know how setting up path is of any relevance when starting up the client. Could this be some kind of connection issue? I'm able to launch web version, web services, etc. at the given host/ip:port. Any pointers?

Best,

Srikrishna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Srikrishna,

This is sometimes caused when a Linux install does not have the hostname of the machine set properly in the HOSTS file. If you ping 'localhost' it should resolve to your local IP. If this is not the case, this can cause a problem when the Integrity client is trying to start.

A great tutorial on how to do this (and other troubleshooting steps for this error) is available at:

Getting error "im: MKS Integrity Client returned Bad HTTP Status" when trying to start Integrity Client on Unix

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Like suggested in error message, I've added Integrity Client Install directory to path and now I get the following error.

si: MKS Integrity Client returned Bad HTTP Status.

I do not know what this means and still none of the commands work, but thought will add it here. If anybody knows what this means, please let me know.

Best,

Srikrishna

Srikrishna,

This is sometimes caused when a Linux install does not have the hostname of the machine set properly in the HOSTS file. If you ping 'localhost' it should resolve to your local IP. If this is not the case, this can cause a problem when the Integrity client is trying to start.

A great tutorial on how to do this (and other troubleshooting steps for this error) is available at:

Getting error "im: MKS Integrity Client returned Bad HTTP Status" when trying to start Integrity Client on Unix

Thanks a ton! This is exactly the issue. While I was able to ping localhost before as well, I remember similar issue when I was installing oracle and how it preferred each of the variations in a separate line. I now have it setup as follows and it works fine. Thanks again!

127.0.0.1 localhost

127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

127.0.0.1 localhost4 localhost

127.0.0.1 localhost4.localdomain4

127.0.0.1 myMachine myMachine

::1 localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

Top Tags