Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browser view in PTC Modeler

0 Kudos

Browser view in PTC Modeler

In Modeler v9.5 the Relationship Browser shows folder and a plus sign even if the folders are empty. It would be a great enhancement if only those folders are shown, that contain elements. For other browsers like the package browser, it would be good if the plus sign is only shown if the package/element contains something. 

Example of the attached image: Although the State Diagrams folder is empty, a plus sign is displayed in front of it.

4 Comments
PatrickOllerton
15-Moonstone
Status changed to: No Plans to Implement

Hello,

The reason Modeler does not check if a package has any contents is down to performance. Checking packages will require that all sub-packages are also checked, and if there is a large number (possibly hundreds or even thousands) this could take a long time, and really slow down performance. This would impact performance of simply browsing packages, so would impact all users, at all times. For this reason we have no plans to implement this enhancement at the moment, but will continue to consider the idea for the future.

thanks,

Patrick

DS_10069093
8-Gravel

Hi Patrick, 

thank you very much for the detailed explanation. This is well comprehensible.

Best regards,
David

DS_10069093
8-Gravel

Hi Patrick, 

because another user independently asked me again to suggest this idea I wanted to pass it on. Especially with the Relationship Browser, a solution would be great to see at first glance which elements an element is related to. Maybe there are other solutions for this - it would be nice if this could be addressed in future releases.

Thanks, 

David

PatrickOllerton
15-Moonstone

Ok thanks. There is a voting feature at the top of the page you can use. This help us gauge interest in a idea.

UPDATE: I set this to "No Plans to Implement" so actually voting is no longer possible for this idea, sorry about that error.

When an idea is still "open" people can vote for it.