cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can Requirement Connector be used without a round trip configuration?

AK_9623847
3-Visitor

Can Requirement Connector be used without a round trip configuration?

Hi PTC community, I went through the Requirement Connector 3.4 user guide. The entire document seems to talk only about roundtrip configurations, which is for two-way synchronizing of Requirements between Integrity and Doors. What we require is just a plain export of requirements from Integrity in ReqIF format (so that it can be imported onto Matlab Simulink). The exported requirements from Integrity are not going to be imported back again in Integrity. The document does not seem to explicitly specify about such possibility. If any user who has used Requirement Connector can comment/answer, it would be highly helpful. I do not have access to raise support case and hence approaching the community.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mbathala
5-Regular Member
(To:AK_9623847)

Requirements Connector allows users to configure for export ONLY. If a user is not interested in import, he can simply skip it.

After export, the user can find the reqif file in the project exchange directory. We also create a zip version of reqif file (*.reqifz) in the project audit directory.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes, of course!

I think the question actually is, is there a way to configure Windchill Requirements Connector so that it ONLY allows for Export and blocks the ability to Import, thus avoiding the need to validate the round-tripped content in Windchill RV&S.

mbathala
5-Regular Member
(To:AK_9623847)

Requirements Connector allows users to configure for export ONLY. If a user is not interested in import, he can simply skip it.

After export, the user can find the reqif file in the project exchange directory. We also create a zip version of reqif file (*.reqifz) in the project audit directory.

jarcher3
6-Contributor
(To:mbathala)

Not my requirement. I know that you can export the ReqIF content and never round-trip. What is requested is a method to BLOCK the ability to Round-trip or Import to the end user in Requirements Connector. 

If the option is available and the end user could potentially use the option, this is an issue for us. This would require additional testing and validation of the tool before roll out to end users. This is considerable additional investment that we are trying to avoid. We cannot have changes made to the Windchill RV&S data via a non-validated source.

If there was an option to turn off the Import / Round-trip options that would be awesome (There is not). Since Requirements Connector uses the same login information as the user in Integrity, using access control via a login does not satisfy the requirement. My understanding is this would be an enhancement request.

mbathala
5-Regular Member
(To:jarcher3)

Yes, this is an enhancement request. Current there is NO option to block import/round-trip. 

Top Tags