cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Changing Default settings

DanR.
10-Marble

Changing Default settings

I would like to know how I can change the default setting for "My Favorites" in queries. By default when a new user logs in the "My Favorites" filter is set. How can this be removed by default? I know the user can remove it by clicking the down arrow and selecting "remove filter". I want the filter to be gone by default so the user will not have to remove the filter.

myfav.png

Thank you,

Dan

5 REPLIES 5
DanR.
10-Marble
(To:DanR.)

I thought this would be a simple answer or something I'm just missing.

JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I

Hi Dan,

It is not currently possible to change this behavior but there is a logged enhancement request asking for this. See article CS88731.

Well.... now I have a slightly different question. Is it possible to add a query to new user's "My Favorites" via the CLI?

JoeBartlett
21-Topaz I

No, the concept of a "favorite" query is a GUI-only thing since there are no decorators in a command terminal. The flags for which queries are a user's favorite are stored in the database so there is no way to modify them directly. The only way I can think to set a favorite query on behalf of another user is to set-up impersonation, log-in as that user (Web/GUI), and select Add Query To Favorites which would save it to their preferences. Not trivial if you have more than a handful of users you want to set this for.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite
(To:JoeBartlett)

Hi Dan,

There's an RFC for this, as well: RFC 122591.

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags