cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Chart / Dashboard (problem with chart content)

PawelSzydlowicz
4-Participant

Chart / Dashboard (problem with chart content)

Dear Community,

I have an issue with chart content. My aim is to see total change request trend in one of the project, example in attachement.

I prepared for my special query in order to use it as source for this chart, unfortunatelly my result is as on second picture. I use Item Fields Trend.

Thank You for Your support!

1 REPLY 1

Hi PawelSzydlowicz,

Here is what the Item Trend Chart does:

- Runs the query to get an item list

- Examines each item's historic value for the defined field over the defined date range

- plots a line for each item

Based on the screenshots, your query is returning a list of Change Requests and plot the historic change of "Change Request Count" field on each of these items. (Likely, "Change Request Count" isn't even visible on the "Change Request" type.

Likely, "Change Request Count" is visible on a parent item type. (Maybe Project?) So you want your query to return those parent items instead. The trend chart isn't going to group or sum the item results, (The "Change Request Count" field is doing the math - the trend chart is simply plotting the changes of those values (deltas) over time - which have been saved to history in the database). For the graph to show a single line, your query should return a single item & have a single field defined in the Item Field Values: section of the chart. (If your intention is to plot by project, your query could return multiple items  and then the project filter could narrow it down to single results)

I hope this helps!

-Andrew

Top Tags