cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Creation of custom report

Shilpa_Dubey
12-Amethyst

Creation of custom report

Hi,

I want to create a custom report with requirement ID, tests ID, tests name, result, and few editable fields.

Could you please suggest is there any way to do in Integrity report. I'm using Integrity 11

table.JPG

Thanks and Regards,

Shilpa

3 REPLIES 3

Hello Shilpa,

I would be interested in helping you with this report.

There are some questions, please allow me to ask them beforehand:

1. A Requirement can be linked to multiple Test Cases and a Test Case can be linked to multiple Requirements, are you aware of this?
  2. Field "Change": not sure what this means. You want to add a comment here about what exactly?
  3. Category Type: we do have a Requirement Category, and a Test Case Category, which Category do you mean?
  4. Tests ID: Do you expect to list here multiple IDs?
  5. Tests Name: What is this exactly, the Test Case Text?
  6. Result: You plan to enter it here?
  7. Remarks: You plan to enter it here?

Here are some comments that you should consider for the implementation:

1. Editable Reports are not that usual
  2. Editable Reports you can implement using HTML5 or Word.
  3. Each Test Case will have a result, having multiple Test Case IDs in one row might not help the User
  4. Each Test Case will have a Test Case Text, having multiple Test Case Texts in one row might not help the User
  5. Integrity offers a Test Session to track results, do you plan to use the Test Session?
  6. When the User has entered the data, what you are going to do with them - reload into Integrity - how?
  7. What kind of Report you had in mind - html, Word, ....?
  8. Why is the User not entering the data directly into the Test Session itself?

Please be as specific as possible with your answers.

Perhaps we should organize a Web Session, this might help better, let me know if you are interested.

Volker 

Hello Volker,

Many thanks for your response.

Please find below answers to your question:

1. A Requirement can be linked to multiple Test Cases and a Test Case can be linked to multiple Requirements, are you aware of this? – Yes, so to summarize one requirement specification document can have many requirements and requirement can have many test cases
  2. Field "Change": not sure what this means. You want to add a comment here about what exactly? Currently we mention manually whether its major change or minor change. So I thought we can have editable field where we can mention on the go but at the same time it should be saved somewhere to avoid rework.
  3. Category Type: we do have a Requirement Category, and a Test Case Category, which Category do you mean? Yes that’s what I meant type of document.
  4. Tests ID: Do you expect to list here multiple IDs? Yes all tests belonging to that particular requirement.
  5. Tests Name: What is this exactly, the Test Case Text? Every document has a name it becomes easier to identify by name so whatever name (title / text) we have maintained in PTC for that particular test case should be displayed.
  6. Result: You plan to enter it here? Test result Passed / Failed
  7. Remarks: You plan to enter it here? Currently we mention manual remarks about why particular test case not executed or whether we reusing from previous cycle. So I thought we can have editable field where we can mention on the go but at the same time it should be saved somewhere to avoid rework.

Web session would be very helpful if possible.

Many thanks and Regards,

Shilpa

Hello Shilpa,

in addition to my emails I would like to respond here as well, also for others who are interested in this topic.

a) if possible, use the Build-in Test Result Editor from Integrity

b) Offline Test Result editing is very often requested, and we have implemented an Offline Excel solution  which allows customers to enter Test Case and Test Step results and send them back into Integrity when again online.

c) Adding the Requirement Details to Test Result entry forms is not that common, but makes sense especially when you plan to perform a QS action. 

d) further more we have implemented different kinds of reports, in html, Word, Excel .... to serve as Test State Reports. They are usually customer specific, although the way how we retrieve data from Integrity is highly standardized.

e) Also ThingWorx could be used to become a front end for Testers, in case there is a need for Web based Test Result entry.

Adding an example of the Excel Offline Template ...

Any follow up question is welcome.

Regards

Volker

Top Tags