The PTC Community email address has changed to email@example.com. Learn more.
Enable query's to be rendered inline in dashboards (similar to reports).
This would Support the use case of "personalized" dashboards like "my todo"
You could organize all the favourite queries in one Dashboard with implicit filtering for projects
While going through your idea description, it made me think over the scenarios that you're trying to depict here. Can you let me know the specific use case & maybe, how are you creating a dashboard ?
It will help me analyse the significance of your request as well as may provide an insight into why its required.
Thanks & regards,
thank you for asking (this shows me that PTC actually cares )
My Usecase is simple:
The Dashboard should be the first entrypoint for a user to work with Integrity.
I would like to design task- or role- specific dashboards and share them inside a teams. E.g. a quality manager Dashboard that can be shared between all QMs including a standard view on the status of a project:
- certain Charts the show actual values and trends
- reports that accumulate project specific metrics
- a set of "inline" querys that shows the current items to work on (e.g. "my pending reviews", "my bugs to validate" ...)
Of course I know this can be achieved with reports as well,
- most report styles (appart from a very basic simple table structure) are not supported inside a dashboard
- the presenation of reports inside a dashboard differ between the WEB UI and the fat client
- "inline reports" are STATIC, so sorting or filtering is not possible
Thanks for sharing the user scenario. We're currently working on introducing new web UI for Integrity Lifecycle Manager & your idea will be considered for that project. We'll keep you posted !
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.