cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Error while importing a Document

ppatil
4-Participant

Error while importing a Document

Hi All,

Below is the error message that i got while importing a Document into MKS.

The Document was imported with a MKS ID but after opening the document in MKS, contents of few section were found missing.

Kindly Suggest.

Error importing.png

5 REPLIES 5
pmerkle
5-Regular Member
(To:ppatil)

Hi,

in order to be able to help you I need

• the word document to be imported
  • the gateway configuration used for the import

It looks like the word file refers to an attachment that is missing ...

Regards,

Peter

ppatil
4-Participant
(To:pmerkle)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response.

I am attaching the Document to be imported. This document gives
the same error as shared by me in the PTC Community.

Please revert to me after importing the document.

Regards,

Prateek

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Prateek,

I was able to import the document using the "out-of-the-box" import configuration of Requirements Document Import and Re-import with Outline Levels.

As Peter mentioned, in order to analyze this thoroughly we would need the import configuration details to really be able to dig into this. For more information on Gateway imports (or Gateway in general), please see CS172951: The Integrity Gateway Knowledge Hub. For your issue in particular, if you are using an "out-of-the-box" import configuration, please let us know which one it is. If you are using a custom configuration, we will need the name of the configuration, and the configuration details, or at the very least the Gateway logging with the DEBUG category enabled.

After a little research, and based on what you have supplied, I suspect that what is happening here is that you have content which has a mandatory attachments field, but there is no corresponding attachment to put into the appropriate attachments field for that content item. In this case, the user will be unable to import the data without all of the appropriate content items having attachments, or that attachments field being modified so that the imported content does not have that attachments field set as mandatory.

Regards,

Kael

Ref: 409843

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
ppatil
4-Participant
(To:KaelLizak)

Hi Kael,

Please find the attached image which shows the differnt configurations. Out of which highlighted are the import configurations that I use.

Kindly revert to me for further suggestions.

KaelLizak
14-Alexandrite

Hello Prateek,

Unfortunately, Word Import - Input Document - Headings, Condensed and Word Import - Input Document - Headings, Not Condensed are not out-of-the-box configurations. Could you post your gateway-tool-config.xml file (located in your Integrity Client's installation under <Client>\config\gateway? You will also need the corresponding import configurations for the parsers with those names (Word Import - Input Document - Headings, Condensed and Word Import - Input Document - Headings, Not Condensed).

Regards,

Kael

Kind Regards,
Kael Lizak

Senior Technical Support Engineer
PTC Integrity Lifecycle Manager
Top Tags