cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Example word template for Integrity's Edit-In-Word feature

nathanzheng
5-Regular Member

Example word template for Integrity's Edit-In-Word feature

Hi all, I'm a novice Integrity admin. I tried to use the "Edit Item in Word" feature, but it says the template is not defined. In the admin client I found a place to specify the template for an item type. But I don't know how to create a Word template .dotx file. Can anyone give an example? For example, it would help me a lot if there is a template to let you view ID and Text in a specification document, and let you edit the Text field and publish it. 

4 REPLIES 4

There are three sample templates installed with the Integrity Client.  They are in the  [Integrity Client Install Dir]/config/gateway/edit/Microsoft Word directory

Descriptions for each template can be found in the Help Center

nathanzheng
5-Regular Member
(To:awalsh)

Thanks! I found that in the directory you mentioned. So I made an example .dotx template in there (attached screenshot), and configured the Requirement Document to use that template.

So I was able to open the Word editor by going Item --> Edit Item in Word --> Entire Document. See screenshot attached. However, unlike the video I see here, when I close Word, I don't see an option to publish the change. Is there something I'm doing wrong? (I found the document title in Word a little weird as it says it's still a .dotx document instead of a .docx)

Your template looks fine.  I just checked on my system doing the same thing.  The Publish pop-up only shows when you've edited content - if you make no changes, then the document just closes.

If you're still seeing no publish after changing content, then I'm not sure what's going on. I see you've already opened a case with PTC Support to investigate.

nathanzheng
5-Regular Member
(To:awalsh)

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes I've made changes and tried closing the Word editor with / without saving it, but it didn't prompt to let me publish. So I don't know what's going on... Let's see if PTC support has any idea.

Top Tags