cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Export reports Microsoft Excel

dkhosla
1-Newbie

Export reports Microsoft Excel

HI,

I have few report in MKS 2007. Whne i run those reports in IE 7 or 8.0 and try to export it by right clicking on the report, followiing error is returned:

The user name and password associated with the current HTTP request do not match those associated with the current session. Click the following link to go to the main view

Could you please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, Deepika. That's an older document with a link to the old MKS site.

You can find the new downoads page at:

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MIG

You'll want to look under "features" for your Integrity version. I see the file name is "Integrity-2009sp6-Microsoft-Excel-2003&2007-Integration".

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Deepika,

This is a known issue with Integrity 2007. It seems to only occur with certain versions of IE. We recommend trying this in another browser (such as Firefox) where this should not occur.

HI, But for chrome or firefox, i do not get an option to export to excel on the context menu (right clicking the report).

How can this be achieved?

I must apologize Deepika, I had assumed something incorrectly. Are you running the reports in the client and having them open in your browser, or do you use our browser-based client?

To give my question more context:

There is an option in IE to export tables to Excel. This is an IE function and not supported by us. There is, however, an Integrity function to do this as well, which we can get working for you. I just want to make sure we're working on the correct one. If the option is there in IE and not in Firefox, then I beleive we're probably looking at the IE function, as the Integrity function should not be effected by browser type.

Hi,

We are using web based client and when we run the report, the report opens up in IE or any browser that we are running the client on.

Could you please let me know the Integrity option to Export the reports to excel.

We are using MKS 2007 and MKS 2009 and hence will need the option in both of the versions.

Thanks

Deepika,

In the web client, this option can be found in the Actions->More menu. See the image below:

Export_to_Excel.png

Hi,

I cannot see this option in either MKS 2007 or MKS 2009MKS2007.pngMKS2009.png

I'm afraid that functionality wasn't introduced until 2009 SP6, so if your version is older than that it won't appear. In that case you have these options:

1) You can output data to an Excel file via the CLI (im issues --query="[name of query]" >Excel.xls)

2) You can install and configure the Excel integration which allows you to select and get information from a query from within Excel itself. This method also supports synchronizing data with Integrity so you can choose when to update the current spreadsheet if items in Integrity get changed and you can also update items in Integrity from Excel as well.

Hi,

Could you please tell me more in detail about the 2nd option.

Deepika,

The details of the integration with Excel can be found starting on page 171 of the following document:

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/143530/en/IntegrationsUserGuide.pdf

For just the export to Excel option, it is far easier to upgrade your Integrity to 2009 SP7 or later. There have been quite a few additional optimizations for this in 10.2 and 10.3.

Hi,

I tried accessing the link provided on page 171 of the userguide you mentioned.

It says '

The integration ZIP file is available as a download from the MKS Customer Community

(http://www.mks.com/support).'

but when i click on the link, it just takes me to PTC Ingerity support site and there is nothing i can download.

Please tell me more about it.

Sorry, Deepika. That's an older document with a link to the old MKS site.

You can find the new downoads page at:

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/auth/it/esd/product.jsp?prodFamily=MIG

You'll want to look under "features" for your Integrity version. I see the file name is "Integrity-2009sp6-Microsoft-Excel-2003&2007-Integration".

Heyi, i need the zip for MKS 2007...

Please check your personal correspondence.

I need the same thing for MKS 2007. Jeremy, would you be able to assist with this as well?

Daryn,

I've sent this to you privately. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Top Tags